An Innovation in HR Practices: Leave Pooling Facts & Trends
Leave Pooling is a scheme which allows employees to donate their excess leave to their colleagues who may need it in times of crisis. According to Accenture India, which recently introduced this policy called ‘Hours That Help’
- Leave Pooling is extremely beneficial for needy employees
- Leave Pooling encourages the spirit of sharing
- The goodwill and bonding factor in schemes like ‘Hours That Help’ make it stand ahead of other provisions like advance leaves
Leave Pooling addresses both the following situations
- Many of people wanting to assist their colleagues who needed extra leave on account of a medical emergency or personal problem
- Many people did not avail of their leave fully by the end of the year.