Social Media Platforms: Demographics, Users Statistics
Below is an interesting infographic on the demogaphics / user profiles and user base size statistics of the most popular social media sites. Below are some key highlights from the from same:
- Over 66% of all online adult users are connected to one or more social media platform
- Pinterest is already 4 times the size of established players like Digg & Reddit in terms of Platform's unique visitors (almost double than the combined number of users on the Digg & Reddit social media platforms !)
- Its strange to see nearly 50% of the users on Google+, Facebook & LinkedIn represent 45years+ age demographics segment. Reddit seems to have the lowest share of users in that segment though (24%).
- Not surprisingly, LinkedIn seems to have the most educated user base (Given Google+ numbers not available)
- Its again surprising to see Facebook, with the kind of userbase size it has, having nearly half of its users among $100,000+ income demographics segment.
- Staying in touch with friends & family is the most compelling benefit of social media platforms in general, for U.S. users