Club W Growth Trends, Statistics & Business Model
Club W announced they’re on track to sell $1 million worth of wine this year, based on current annualized revenue.
- Club W saw 11,000 unique visitors and 73,000 page views – acceptable numbers for a new business.
- The company has 10 full-time employees.
- Geoff McFarlane, Xander Oxman, and Mark Lynn founded the company three months ago and things are going strong.
How Club W Business Works
- The service works by assessing your likes and dislikes and then offering wines that match your palate.
- They also bring in a number of counselors to help you choose new wines.
- A Club W experience delivers 3 bottles a month for $39 and shipping is free.
- As a member you can choose from these 12 bottles and add to the 3 bottle minimum for a mere $13 a bottle. Additional bottles ship free.
- A Club W Experience is commitment free and guaranteed to make you happy. Cancel or skip a shipment any time. If you do not like something, they’ll send you a replacement or a refund.
- Club W also includes QR codes on each bottle that offer special tasting notes when scanned and prices are generally below retail, including shipping.
ClubW competition & Competitors
- Wine.com, Wine.Woot, and the elfin Gary Vaynerchuk’s Wine Library.
- Club W however seems to offer a considerably more targeted offering thanks to the taste assessment system and rugged, handsome curators shot in grainy black-and-white.