Emails Usage Trends & Response Statistics
Baydin, the makers of email plugin Boomerang, recently extracted data from five million emails its users handled — either using the company’s “email game” or scheduled for later via Boomerang. Following are some of the important observations relating different aspects of e-Mail usage statistics & response trends:
- Trends & statistics show that loading your message with words such as “confirm,” “join,” “press,” or “invite” do not get good response rates
- Subject-line words, such as “apply” and “opportunity,” got more responses than words from the aforementioned list.
- Trends & Statistics also also suggest that the best time to send emails is before work. Users who scheduled messages to read later, using Boomerang, most often wanted to deal with them around 6 a.m.
- Baydin’s average email game player deleted about half of the 147 messages he or she received each day.
- Ninety minutes of the two hours he or she spent on email each day went to just 12 messages.