Driverless Car Technology: Facts & Features
Driverless car technology has taken giant leaps in the past few years:
Even though driverless cars are in the research stage right now, within the next few years we may be able to buy a car with driverless technology
- However, fact is that a lot of that driverless car technology features is already becoming a part today’s car technology
- Car GPS system
- Cars fitted with lane-departure warning systems
- Cars that can park themselves.
- The driverless car sounds spectacular, with the potential features to almost eliminate accidents. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), distracted driving killed 5,474 people in the U.S. in 2009, and that number is only going to get bigger and scarier.
- Below is an infographic on Driverless Technology Facts & Features