Richest Politicians: Wealth, Money & Assets of Indian Ministers
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his cabinet ministers on declared their assets. The money, wealth and asset details of these politicians and ministers was posted on http://pmindia.nic.in/rti.htm which is the website of the Prime Minister of India
- The list included details of the Prime Minister, 32 cabinet ministers, seven ministers of state with independent charge and 37 ministers of state.
- Urban development minister Kamal Nath is the richest cabinet minister with assets worth Rs 263 crore.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's assets amount to Rs 5 crore. He has property worth Rs 1.8 crore, a Rs 90 lakh house in Chandigarh and a Rs 88 lakh apartment in Vasant Kunj in Delhi. His bank deposits amount to Rs 3.2 crore.
- Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee has assets worth Rs 1.8 crore. He owns property worth Rs 62 lakh and has assets and savings totalling Rs 1.2 crore.
- Home minister P Chidambaram has personal assets totalling Rs 11 crore. His wife has assets worth Rs 12.8 crore.
- Among the poorest is defence minister AK Antony, with personal assets worth Rs 1.8 lakh and his wife has assets worth Rs 30 lakh.
- Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar has assets worth over Rs 12 crore that include deposits and shares in various companies.
- Petroleum minister Murli Deora and his wife have combined assets worth Rs 15.2 crore. His wife runs two companies and a proprietorship firm.
- Former textiles minister Dayanidhi Maran has assets worth Rs 2.94 crore. He and his wife have shares in Reliance Industries Limited.
- External affairs minister SM Krishna has immovable assets worth Rs 2.34 lakh, movable assets worth Rs 4.81 lakh, investments worth Rs 3 lakh, and savings worth Rs 12 lakh. His wife's assets are estimated at Rs 21 lakh.