doubleTwist User Growth Statistics & Trends
doubleTwist is a the slick media player for Android and it is growing in User base at a very fast rate
- Last February the doubleTwist passed a major milestone, drawing one million users per month between its mobile and desktop applications.
- Today, the company shared the latest user growth statistics & trends: they’re getting 1 million users per day between doubleTwist on Android phones and tablets.
- This is a particularly important on mobile, where users are notorious for being fickle and giving up on an app after a day or two.
- The user growth is a result of increased brand recognition the company has received since it began building for Android.
- The first version of their Android app was released in June 2010, and they’ve since introduced numerous upgrades, like the nifty AirSync, which lets you wireless sync your photos, music, and movies between your Android device and your computer, without having to deal with any wires (you don’t even have to initiate the sync — it automatically initiates when you connect to the same wireless network).
- 84% of the app’s doubleTwist users come from English-speaking countries, and starting today the company is rolling out internationalized versions with support for Chinese, Korean, German, French, and other languages to help spur international user growth.
- While doubleTwist has been focused exclusively on Android for some time, it’s going to begin expanding to other platforms. Intel has already licensed their wirelessly syncing technology AirSync for its MeeGo platform, and it sounds like the app may be coming to Windows Phone and possibly Web OS down the line.