Castrol's Yahoo India Advertising Campaign: Performance Statistics & Details
Castrol makes engine oils that enable vehicle owners get the best performance out of their vehicles – car / bike / truck. After enrolling as a sponsor of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, the brand wanted to build an association with “performance” and Cricket, Castrol had built a website- www.CastrolCricket.com and the Castrol Index, an algorithm that analyzed cricket performances. However only a few fanatics were aware of the Castrol Index.
- The aim of the campaign was to integrate the Castrol Index and Castrol Expert content within relevant sections of the Yahoo! Website and market Castrol Index
- On Live Scores during match hours
- Castrol Insights were integrated into ball-by-ball commentary
- Premium inventory displayed Live Match Index.
- Both helped user understand match performances beyond the score, using the Castrol Index.
• Over 337 million impressions of integration elements delivered
• Additionally 233 million banner inventory delivered.
• Each of the 15.1 million Unique Users who visited Yahoo! Cricket through the World Cup viewed Castrol’s integration / banners an average of 22 times.
• Nielsen Effectiveness study saw a lift in the awareness of the Castrol Index as a result of the World Cup campaign on Yahoo! Cricket.