Twitter Apps: Growth Statistics & Examples of Top Applications
Twitter App ecosystem has crossed one million registered applications. Here are some interesting statistics:
- A new Twitter app is registered every 1.5 seconds
- The one million registered Twitter applications milestone is the effort of more than 750,000 developers around the world. This is up from 150,000 apps just a year ago.
- Since December 2010, more than $500 million has been invested in ecosystem companies, and more than a billion dollars has been paid out in acquisitions.
Most successful Twitter Apps: Twitter Apps Examples:
• Mass Relevance combed through more than 160,000 Tweets to bring the White House’s first Twitter Town Hall to life though real-time content curation and visualization.
• Trendrr evaluated the sentiment of Tweets about sci-fi thriller SUPER8 to measure the film’s blockbuster $38 million opening weekend.
• Datasift just announced $6M in new funding for the work they do to make the Twitter firehose accessible to any developer.
• Poptweets created an addictive iPhone trivia game that challenges players to match Tweets with the famous people who said them.
• Radian6 turned its brand monitoring tools into a thriving business and was recently acquired by Salesforce for $326 million.