Britain Royal Wedding: Latest Updates, Photos of Zara Philip's Marriage
Britain celebrated the marriage of another member of the royal family Saturday, though in a decidedly more private fashion. Zara Phillips, the Queen's grand-daughter, and Mike Tindall, the England rugby captain, married with none of the high pomp and ceremony that marked the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Queen Elizabeth's eldest granddaughter, equestrian star Zara Phillips, married rugby player Mike Tindall at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Their nuptials follows the late April media-frenzied wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton, which was televised worldwide.
- William and Catherine, now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, were among the wedding guests Saturday, as was Queen Elizabeth.
- Hundreds of royal watchers, many waving Britain's Union Jack flag, lined Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile, where the wedding church is located. They cheered as the guests arrived. Arriving last, the bride gave them a wave before she disappeared into the church.
- The reception was being held at nearby Holyrood Palace, the official Scotland residence of the queen.