IPL Online Video Streaming Statistics: Traffic & Usage Trends
IPL is one of the most followed event in India. In the recently concluded IPL 4, Times Internet offered live online video streaming of the whole event for internet users.
- In March 2011, Times Internet bagged the online rights of streaming the IPL cricket matches live.
- Times Internet carried out a distribution deal with YouTube.com, according to which YouTube can stream IPL matches on Indiatimes.com's YouTube channel (Youtube.com/Indiatimes).
- More than 72 million page views (combined traffic on Ipl.Indiatimes.com and Youtube.com/Indiatimes) during the IPL 4 season. Online video streaming of IPL matches received about 24 million page views last year
- The average time spent on Ipl.Indiatimes.com was about 20 minutes per session.
- Till April, more than 4.5 lakh unique visitors landed on Indiatimes and YouTube's IPL live cricket match streaming destinations, each day in the first week (April 08-14) of IPL4.
- On some days (like April 12 and 13), the number of unique visitors (combined) jumped up to 6 lakh
- For the record, in March, Times Internet bagged the online rights of streaming the IPL cricket matches live. It has carried out a distribution deal with YouTube.com, according to which YouTube can stream IPL matches on Indiatimes.com's YouTube channel (Youtube.com/Indiatimes) during this season.
- Times Internet used search engine marketing (on sites like Google) and social advertising (on Facebook) to get traffic on ipl.indiatimes.com.
- More than 50,000 search keywords were employed for search marketing.
- The company leveraged its own media properties -- television, print, radio, and outdoor -- to build traffic on Ipl.Indiatimes.com.