Groupon Statistics & Facts: Users / Subscribers, Profits, Revenue, Business Model
Here are some latest facts and statistics about Groupon which were released in Groupon IPO filing
- Groupon has 83.1 million subscribers as of March 31, 2011.
- Groupon had had 152,203 subscribers on June 30, 2009.
- Groupon is in 175 North American markets and 43 countries.
- In Q1 2011, Groupon earned $644.7 million in revenue, but wasn’t still profitable.
- Groupon lost $102.7 million in Q1 2011.
- Groupon spent $179.5 million on online marketing in Q1 2011.
- Over 2010, Groupon spent $245 million on online marketing.
- Groupon spent around $6 per Groupon offer in online marketing.
- Groupon had 56,781 merchants as customers by the end of Q1 2011, up from 212 in Q2 2009.
- Groupon sold 28.1 million Groupons in Q1 2011, up from 116,231 in Q2 2009.
- Groupon had 7,107 employees on March 31, 2011.
- Groupon has made 13 acquisitions in the past year.
- Groupon's largest shareholder isn’t CEO and founder Andrew Mason, but investor and co-founder Eric P. Lefkofsky.
- Eric P. Lefkofsky owns 64,113,046 Class A Groupon shares (21.6% of the total) and 499,992 Class B Groupon shares (41.7% of the total).
- Andrew Mason owns 22,967,252 Class A Groupon shares (7.7% of the total) and owns the same amount of Class B shares as Lefkofsky: 499,992 (41.7% of the total).
- Groupon has raised $1.12 billion so far in venture funding from a $6.8 million Series A, a $30 million Series B, a $135 million Series C and a $950 Series D.
- Groupon had $208.7 million in cash and cash equivalents on March 31, 2011.
- Groupon has paid $34.8 million for its acquisitions, not including CityDeal and QPod.