Coupons.com Growth Performance: Reaches $ 1 Billion Valuation
Coupons.com, the largest provider of digital coupons and the 43rd largest website in the U.S.), its network spanning thousands of sites, including retailers, publishers, consumer electronics, shopping cards, and apps. Coupons.com has received a $200 million investment from a group of institutional investors. The sizable investment comes at a supposed $1 billion valuation.
- The valuation is based on $100 million in expected revenues for 2011, nearly double those of the prior year.
- This is likely all a part of gearing up for a potential IPO sometime in 2012.
- According to the company, more than 332 billion coupons were distributed in 2010.
- Coupons.com plans to hire 100 employees in 2011, enabling the company to grow its staff by over 30 percent in just six months.
- The company also plans to use its new capital to make strategic acquisitions, building on its prior acquisitions of Free State Labs, the developers of Grocery IQ, a shopping list app for mobile.