Baba Ramdev's Hunger-strike Expenditures: Rs 18 Crore !
According to a recent media report, for the fast-unto-death campaign against corruption in New Delhi's Ramlila Maidan, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has spent Rs. 18 crore rupees. The report further reveals the following about the hunger strike expenditures:
- The ground hosting Baba Ramdev's Hunger-strike will have 2,50,000 square feet of waterproof tents of 30 feet height
- Baba Ramdev's Hunger-strike venue will also have 780 fans and 100 coolers.
- Seven large screen television sets, 100 CCTV cameras and low-noise sound systems will also be installed at the hunger strike venue.
- MCD is charging 3.10 lakh rupees for the ground for May 13 to June 30
- The hunger strike tents will involve expenditures of about two crore rupees per month
- The hunger strike venue ground will also have air-conditioned intensive care units for emergencies.
- The ground will have facility to store 1,00,000 litre water, while eight crore rupees have been spent for 500 RO plants of 16 lakh rupees each
- The Hunger-strike venue will also have 1,300 toilets for Baba Ramdev's supporters