PC Sales India - Growth, Trends, Players
Gartner Inc. has recently released a report for PC Sales trends in India - the PC Sales Growth, PC Market Size, PC Market players, leaders and competitiors. Here are some of the highlights of the PC Market report:
- The combined desk-based and mobile PC market in India totaled nearly 2.6 million in units in the first quarter of 2011.
- The PC Market sales figure is a 6.2 percent increase over the same quarter last year
- The PC Market growth was primarily driven by the mobile PC market which grew 23 percent in the first quarter of 2011, when compared to the first quarter of 2010.
- The market leaders in PC shipment numbers are mostly multinational brands.
- All major PC vendors experiences double-digit growth in PC shipments in the first quarter on 2011.
- Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo the top 4 PC vendors represent 50.4 percent of the total number of PC shipments in the first quarter of 2011.
- India’s homegrown PC vender HCL accounted for 7.1 percent of PC shipments in the first quarter of 2011.
- Market Share for various players in the PC Market in India is as follows: Dell: 16.7%, HP: 12.1 %, Acer : 11.9 %, Lenovo: 9.7 %, HCL: 7.1 %, Others: 42.5 %