Reverse Engineering company Zynamics acquired by Google
Zynamics, a small German software company,which was founded in 2004 has been acquired by Google.
- The company focuses on reverse engineering — that is, analyzing software (malware in particular) for which no source code is available.
- It’s an incredibly interesting and complicated problem to try to solve, which makes the Zynamics team and product a perfect fit for Google
- Google hopes their tools and skills in fighting malware will help us better protect Google’s users
- Currently, Zynamics’s offerings focus on the needs of information security specialists and malware analysts.
- Its products are allegedly both innovative and time-saving.
- The company’s products include BinDiff, for analyzing executables; BinNavi, for analyzing binary code; PDF Dissector, for analyzing PDF malware; VxClass, for sorting malware into families; and BinCrowd, which is a central database for sharing reverse-engineered information.