Web Rating Points (WRPs) by WAM - Television-like measurement of Internet
- Like TRPs released by TAM for television, Web Rating Points (WRPs) would be released for Internet by just launched division by IMRB – Web Audience Measurement (WAM).
- Like television, WAM will measure the web by deploying meters across the top eight metros and also rest of India. To begin with, the team at WAM already has a sample size of 21,000 households and 90,000 individuals. The aim is to provide accurate and ‘weighted’ data, something that the team believes is not a hallmark of the other players in the space.
- WRP would provide holistic measurement of active Internet users.
- Web publishers, media planners and advertisers would be the main beneficiaries a
- WRP would measure key metrics like reach, time spent, frequency and other factors.
- WRP metric would help segregate the target audience vis-à-vis age, gender and SEC.
- WRP would be able to capture data from cyber cafes too.
- The team at WAM would be led by Balendu Shrivasava, Group Business Director, IMRB, who has been instrumental in conceptualising and setting up the new metric system.
- Initially, the team would be releasing data on a monthly basis, but the periodicity will be brought down to a week in the ensuing months.