Times Internet Launches Several New Online Products
Times Internet has been launching (and also working on) a host of online products lately
- Network of niche blogs TechnoHolik.com, GolfingTimes.in, Wine Society of India
- Redesign of iDiva, which was earlier launched as a women’s portal.
- Building an online music store on the lines of Apple’s iTunes. The service is yet to go live as the company is still working towards getting the rights of selling Indian music in the store.
- Planning to overhaul the Indiatimes.com portal and introduce a new design of the website.
- Foraying into online paid content and has launched TimesCrest.com, the online edition of The Times of India Crest, a premium weekend edition from the house. The content on TimesCrest.com is presently available on free registration but unlimited access to the TimesCrest articles can only be availed till October 10, 2010.
- Plans to launch a social network under the brand name of Speaking Tree where leading spiritual gurus will have their own profile pages and blogs through which they can directly interact with their followers.
- Launched SpeedNews for TimesofIndia.com where The Times of India group has given Blackberry smartphones to most of the newspaper’s reporters across India and a login to the ToI website that enables them to publish news updates (Twitter style) from different cities in the country. The service allows users to select any particular city they want to receive updates from. Initially, the service was piloted under the name of Raw News but later rechristened as SpeedNews.
- Recently, the company joined hands with Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi to make available live streaming of the games at Live.Indiatimes.com/CWGLive.cms.
A report by comScore recently revealed that the Times Internet properties attracted 15.8 million unique visitors in August 2010.