Major Mobile website usability issues and solutions
Some of the the major mobile usability issues are:
- Slow load times - Most pages take too long to load, especially on non-3G phones, but even iPhones and Blackberries deliver slower browsing than the average PC. This means that users are often reluctant to request additional pages.
- Too much scrolling - Small mobile screens make for much scrolling and increases the chance that users miss things on websites.
- Bloated pages - big pictures, long pages etc. All cause issues for mobile internet users.
- Produce dedicated versions of their sites for mobile
- Optimising for different mobile devices.
- Producing dedicated apps for devices like the iPhone.