July 22, 2011

Norway PM Office, Oslo Blast - Photos, Videos, Updates

Bomb Blast occured at Norway PM's Office in Oslo. Latest updates about the Oslo, Norway Bomb Blast are as follows:
  • Police have confirmed that a bomb caused the Oslo bomb explosion
  • The Oslo blast has killed at least one person and injured many others at the government headquarters in Oslo.
  • The Oslo, Norway blast tore open several Oslo buildings including the prime minister's office on Friday. 
  • The blast shattered windows and coated the street with documents.

Latest picture of the Norway - Oslo blast

Norway Oslo blast latest picture / photo

In this video image taken from television, smoke is seen billowing from a damaged building as debris is strewn across the street after an explosion in Oslo, Norway Friday July 22, 2011. 

More Oslo, Norway blast updates:

  • Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg is safe, government spokeswoman Camilla Ryste told The Associated Press, although it was unclear whether that meant he was uninjured. 
  • Norway's public broadcaster, NRK, said one person was confirmed killed. 
  • There was no immediate word on the cause of the blast. NRK showed video of a blackened car lying on its side amid the debris. 
  • Most of the windows in the 20-floor highrise were blown out, and the bottom floor appeared to be gutted. Nearby offices were also heavily damaged and evacuated, including those housing some of Norway's leading newspapers and news agency NTB. 
  • The blast comes as Norway grapples with a homegrown terror plot linked to al-Qaida. Two suspects are in jail awaiting charges. 
  • Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar _ the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam _ made to various news media, including American network NBC. 
  • Terrorism has also been a concern in neighboring Denmark since an uproar over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad six years ago. Danish authorities say they have foiled several terror plots linked to the 2005 newspaper cartoons that triggered protests in Muslim countries. Last month, a Danish appeals court on Wednesday sentenced a Somali man to 10 years in prison for breaking into the home of the cartoonist. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.